Do you want to sing and can match pitch? Do you believe in the empowerment of women, promoting diversity and tolerance, and the power of the universal language of music? You are perfect for Phoenix Women’s Chorus.
Phoenix Women’s Chorus does not require auditions! Our singing members include all levels of musical abilities – from beginners to absolutely amazing. Everyone is welcome.
Phoenix Women’s Chorus also offers opportunities for singers that want to add to the fun by auditioning for solos and our smaller ensemble, The Little Choir. There are always opportunities to grow.
New singers are welcome to check us out for three rehearsals to see if Phoenix Women’s Chorus is right for you.
Not a singer? Not to worry! Phoenix Women’s Chorus has all sorts of opportunities for non-singers to support the chorus. We always need volunteers for our concerts and our fundraising efforts. Please contact us if you are interested in helping out.
What can you expect as a member?
- Phoenix Women’s Chorus is a non-auditioned choir and welcomes all LGBTQA, allied, and gender-neutral singers who can consistently match and sustain pitch. Non-singing members are also encouraged to join.
- The membership period/concert season begins in August and runs for one year. Our fall concert takes place in November and our spring concert in May. Members are asked to commit to all concert performances.
- Donations for singing and non-singing members are $200 per season. New members also have a $25 music fee (usually only a one-time fee barring loss or damage), one-time $10 wardrobe fee, and a $20 logo t-shirt for a total of $255. Alumnae and members on sabbatical are also invited to financially support the Chorus. (No one is turned away for lack of ability to pay.)
- To ensure the continued success of this 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, all members are expected to sell/distribute tickets and support all fundraising efforts.
- Rehearsals occur every Tuesday and on select Thursdays from 6:45 pm to 9:15 pm. We rent rehearsal space at Faith Lutheran Church which is located at 801 East Camelback Road in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Consistent attendance is required to create a reliable environment to learn music, develop nuances, and refine our sound. Attendance is taken at each rehearsal. In addition to regular rehearsals, each concert preparation period has a minimum of three additional mandatory rehearsals.
- In order to present ourselves as a unified group, we do have specific attire requirements for both formal and less formal performances.
- Out of respect for those with allergies, chemical sensitivities, and other breathing challenges, we maintain a scent-free environment for all rehearsals and performances: no colognes, perfumes or fragrant personal products.
Complete details are in the Phoenix Women’s Chorus Member Handbook